12.09.2011

Couch to 5K Week 1, Day 3 - When I remember that it is winter

Can someone please tell me why I decided to start is in DECEMBER?! It has been a fairly mild December (almost makes up for the December-like October), but it is still December in Connecticut. Today it was starting to feel like it.

I went for my run, but I had to psyche myself up for it. It was raw and windy. I actually wan't too cold during the run and even got a bit of a sweat going. Unfortunately, it is going to get colder before Spring comes. Odds are this is the weather I will be seeing for my first race. Although, this is New England all bets are off on the weather in March.

On a positive note, I was able to run uninterrupted. Kids were still either in school or on their way home and Todd was working. My times overall were faster. Although, my run interval times really dropped off as I went. I started to develop a cramp in my side a little more than half way through and by they time I walked it off, it was time for the next run interval.

All in all, I think I had a good first week and I am looking forward to week 2! I may start it on Sunday. I will be having a fun girls' weekend in the City (that is NYC if you aren't from CT). There will be much walking and schlepping. I guess I can consider that a workout!

Today's run is here. I decided to vary the route a bit. Don't want to be too predictable or get bored. It also changes up where I hit the hills. My neighborhood is NOT flat AT ALL. Looks it on the map though, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment