12.12.2011

C25K - Week 2, Day 1 - When I didn't feel like it

It is definitely Monday! It is one of those Mondays that gives all the other Mondays a bad name. I went to bed early, but woke up late and feeling like I hadn't slept at all. I think part of that may be because several times I found myself waking up in the middle of a conversation. Apparently, my husband went to bed late and got up early. lucky me.My day began by making the perfect cup of tea, then leaving it on the kitchen counter. I am not a coffee drinker. Tea is my lifeblood. I was devastated.

Monday also means meeting day in my office. That means that all of the bigwigs show up and trash the ladies room (none are ladies or even women). Normally, I am in the field by then and avoid the bigwigs. not today. office all day.

Also, It is cold. Yeah, I know. It is December and I live in Connecticut. It just finally feels like it. Much colder than last week. The upside of working outdoors is that I already have Under Armor Cold Gear (If you are trying to figure out what to get me for Christmas, I could use more).

It was just one of those days where I am feeling totally spent.I just wanted to go home and crawl under the covers and hide from the world. When this sort of thing happens on a karate day, the last thing I want to do is train. I know that those are the days that I need to go even though I don't want to (also, I paid for the class so I am going). I always feel better by the end of class and I am glad I went. Using this logic I decided to suck it up and run anyway.

I was right. I was cold, but I was right. I do feel better. My times weren't stellar, but not terrible. the run intervals are longer this week and therefore more challenging. I need to work on my breathing too if this is ever going to work with winter and my asthma. I also kept accidentally hitting the pause button, so I went a lot farther and it made a couple of intervals look better than they were.

The run data is here.

And because I am such a geek, I made a spreadsheet and some charts to track my progress. you can't tell me you didn't see it coming. I am an engineer! However, I am NOT a software engineer, so I haven't figured out how to insert them in the blog. If you can tell me, I would love it if you could leave instructions in a comment.



No comments:

Post a Comment