3.23.2009

Knit Two


I was pretty anxious to read Knit Two after I finished The Friday Night Knitting Club. I did enjoy it, but honestly, I didn't think it was nearly as good as the first book. I found it a bit disconnected. The ladies have lost the tie that bound them together - the club. sure, they still meet, but, it is no longer binding them.


The ending was all tied up in a neat little bow, which I think a lot of the readers were disappointed in the first book. I prefer an ending that keps me thinking about the book - and talking about it.



The part that lost me was when Darwin went into the restroom to breastfeed her babies. Seriously??? A feminist. A professor of women's studies. and she is feeding her babies in a public bathroom??? I realize that she became far more "domestic" following the birth of her babies, but, that is SO far out of charachter - not to mention nasty and just plain wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy it. It was a good read, but not as good as the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment