6.15.2008

Welcome to my whore house

I posted briefly about Mother's Day. Not the best weekend in my neck of the woods, but my little guys did come through for me! Andy bought me a "garden" at school. a bunch of small potted plants and a couple six pack (PLANTS!) one of them, the one he was most proud of , was a Geranium - a RED Geranium.

Photobucket

I love my son, but I HATE geraniums! Well, not all geraniums. I do have some lovely, dainty, purple Scented Geraniums (you'll have to trust me on the purple part, they just passed bloom) that I adore.

Photobucket

But red? Isn't that what prostitutes used to put in the window to let their clients know that they were open for business? In fact, I think that is where the red in "red light district" comes from.. I'll have to Google that, but I'm pretty sure it is.

Anyway, this ugly thing is blooming right in front of my mailbox for everyone to see as they come to the door. maybe it'll die. what am I saying, those things never die. I guess I'll just have to wait for an early frost...

No comments:

Post a Comment