5.22.2007

Get the Muck out of my Garden!

First of all.. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO US! 8 years today!


The boys and I built a little flower bed around the mailbox & lamppost on Saturday. The Clematis ressurected itself from being weed wacked last summer and the impatients were from mothers day. eventually that whole triangle of lawn will be garden. I am just going to slowly make the garden bigger and add more perrenials as I get them (ie when mom divides them!)

I'm also working on a top secret knit/crochet item.. all will be revealed in due timePhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket






Sunday, after soccer, we were ROASTING so I set up the kiddie pool... the water must have been cold b/c they were pretending to be penguins.. I have a feeling that it isn't going to be exciting enough for the big guys this year.. we may look for something wiht a slide or sprinkler attached I also put C in his swim dipe and SPF shirt and let him splash.. WAY to cold to let him go in the "big" pool! I think I may sell this dipe. I made it before I bought the shirt and they clash SOOO bad! I have since made some blue ones...

and now for my regualrly scheduled rant:

We had Andy's PPT last week. I am not going to go into details here, BUT he did test out of ST! no suprise there - he's been asking if he can stop, which tells me he isn't getting anything out of it anymore... BUT he still went 2 days later! ??? he is being exited from SE. fine. what about the rest of the goals he had on his IEP? and what about his test results? it did show behavioral issues (I can't be specific b/c WE STILL DO NOT HAVE A COPY 1 WEEK LATER!) shouldn't he have an IEP to deal with the behavioral issues? their reasoning is "we'll deal with it in class" umm ok I asked HOW not WHERE! we are now trying to pry a copy of the test results away from teh school to go over them and make some suggestions. he needs consistancy between home and school. SO aggrevating! we are trying to get him into a "multiage" class which is 1st and 2nd graders combined. great place for a kid with great academics and not so great social skills. they are explicitly taught in the MA class! as well as having older peers in the room! we visited the class after the PPT. the teacher was SO excited to be teaching these kids (with only 1 moth left f the year!) and the kids were VERY excited to show off what they could do! the kids are taught at their own level and encouraged to work together! they like to put siblings togeher too, so there is a possibility that A&R can be in the same class in a couple years!

Colin goes back to the ENT for a follow up tomorrow. he has been eating and sleeping great! I am anxious to hear what she has to say!

I crocheted him a pair of shorties and neglected to photo them yet, so it'll have to wait. but I also knit a version of them in the same colorway for a client. it'll be neat to see them together! next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment