8.01.2005

Bathroom Breakthrough



We had a bit if a small miracle happen in "our" house on Friday. Andy had to go pee-pee on the potty. He's been doing great with that, so it was not a huge deal. I helped Him with his button and zipper and went back to what I was doing. He was in there a while, so I decided to check on him. He said that he went poopy. I looked in the potty and I told him I didn't see anything. As I was talking to him, I noticed the poopy on the floor behind him. He went poopy while standing in front of the potty... So we put the poop in the potty and worked on wiping and flushing. I then explained that you need to SIT ON the potty to poop. Saturday morning, he sat and read his copy of "Everyone Poops" while sitting on the big potty. I could tell he was way to tense and uncomfortable for this to be "productive" but I praised him for his efforts.. Then Todd and I decided to let him use his quarters .. And a lot more of ours... To get him a leapster. The catch? He can ONLY play it while he is sitting on the potty. So Andy and I went to Target and picked up the last Leapster on their shelves, batteries, and an extra game cartridge (teaches writing and drawing skills). We head back to the house, and he brings the outside potty seat over to the deck, pulls down his pants and gets comfy while I install the batteries. He stayed there until it was time for dinner. He scarfed down his supper and went right back to the potty. When it was time to get up and put on his PJ's he told me he had "big elephant poopies". Sure enough, there was poopy in the potty! It was more like a "mouse poop" but it was poop! So he got a recycled Hot Wheels (yes they have so many that they don't notice when we give them the old ones a second time) . When he does an "elephant poop" he'll get the other game! He's doing great figuring out how to work it too. I started to show him what to do, but then he yanked it away and decided to figure to out for himself... OK! I'm so proud of my little pooper!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Go Andy! Whoo hoo for big elephant poos!

    That's *so* what I'm calling mine from now on.

    ReplyDelete