1.06.2010

WIP wednesday 1/6/10

This is actually an FO now, but I wanted to show you the WIP photos. The pattern is from Knitting Cables on the GO and is actually for fingerles mitts. I decided early on that I wnted my fingers to be warm too. Might have been that day the wind chill was -2 and I was standing on the tracks where it was probably more like -6. I devised a decrease method that sorked out well and they fit great. Notes on the decreases are here.



as I was about to start the thumb gussets, I realized that the stitch markers and stitch holders I normally have on me were stolen. It occured to me that I had plenty of paperclips in the office!


talk about a multipurpose tool! they worked great as markers, then I just slipped the thumb stitches on when the gussets were complete. The original pattern also called for an open thumb as well. The instructions are here.

I've cast on some socks for me next. It is my basic toe-up sock pattern with a 2x4 rib. I'm adding alternating cable twists just to make it interesting. Kim gifted me with the yarn (5th Avenue Socksation) and another ball for her BUT her feet are in WI, so I need her to send me a tracing so I know how big to make them. I'll start hers as soon as I know what size they want to be.

I am now thinking about the Ravelympics again - what shall I make? I'm thinking that I may re-work this pattern with a crochet lace. Need to chose yarn and so far, I'm thinking Cotton Ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment