10.23.2007

I think he thinks too much...

I took Andy to Sunday school this week- it is a family-based program that meets monthly. This was our first session as Andy will make his first communion next year (yes - next year!). in the classroom, the teacher asked the children how they could be more like Jesus. most kids gave the standard responses - love one another, be nice share etc. What does my kid say? "I want to be a doctor so I can make people better when they are sick." wow.. THEN we are all back in the big group and Fr. Tom asks what we learned about Jesus. Andy raised his hand - I held my breath 'cause I never know what this kid will come up with. Fr. Tom called on him and he said "Everything is easier with Jesus' help then by yourself." I just hope he remembers that when he is a doctor...

Speaking of doctors.. the big boys went to the pedi yesterday. Ryan has seasonal allergic asthma. Andy has a cold in addition to his seasonal asthma hell... his peak flow was 50% of what it should have been.. so they both have more meds and a follow-up & flu shots for all 3 in 2 weeks. Joy... Here's the kicker.. Andy was pestering the doctor for a shot - he was convinced that it would make him better immediately. If only it were that easy...

1 comment:

  1. Wasn't it Mary Poppins who sang, "A syringe-ful of morphine makes the medicine go down?" No? Oh. That must have been me.

    ReplyDelete