As I mentioned in my ode to Noro yesterday, I can NOT cope with UFOs and stash hanging out. My entire fabric stash right now is leftovers, a few hand-me-downs and a bag of feed sack scraps that I picked up at the alpaca farm last week.
How can a quilter (which I am) pass up such a treasure?
Anyway.. with the prospect of Halloween costumes looming, my UFO list was reaching unbearable proportions.:
- kitchen/entry curtains
- 2 diapers ( between these and the pants, he is sure to PL fast, right? RIGHT?)
- "Blueprint" quilt
- "Amber" charm quilt
- Fall Exchange post cards
Colin decided to cooperate and take a nice looong nap and I got a lot done:
- Decided I hated the pattern I had for the curtains and left the fabric in the bag.
- mending was nearly eliminated once I explained to Todd that there was no point in mending shorts/pants that no longer fit him.
- diapers are done, but slightly bloody. I managed to sew THROUGH my finger tip while threading the needle. Don't worry - It's only a flesh wound!
- "Blueprint" quilt top is done. I need to decide on, then purchase batting. the quilting will be a LOT of work. much of it is integral to the design.
- "Amber" is still in pieces in the bag. I still need around 600 more fabrics (not exaggerating!) after being impaled, I had no desire to fuss with curved piecing.
- Cut out the peltex and started my Post Cards. I'll blog them after they've been mailed - no spoilers!