1.10.2010

Good Luck



Have you gotten one of those "Forward this in the next 7 minutes and you'll have good luck" emails? Of course, if you don't, something aweful is about to happen, right? Yeah, right. I've never been one to actually think for a moment that Microsoft of Disney will make me rich by forwarding an email. sending on a seies of sentimental pictures will not bring me love, joy or wealth. Clicking on the "delete" button will not ruin my life, buisiness, home or bank account.


What did get me thinknig was the whole sentiment of "Good Luck". There was a time when I used to wonder why I had such bad luck. Why did bad things keep Happening to me? What did I do to deserve this sort of "bad lcuk". Now, the truth is, I don't believe in "luck" - I have faith. People talk about the "Luck of the Irish" and clearly know nothing about Irish history. The people of my ancestry had faith - not luck.
I have a faith in my God that if I stop talking and listen, I will hear the ansers that I need - even if they aren't what I want. I have faith that the bad times aren't punishment, but preparation. I have faith that my God has a plan for me. That plan requires no luck - only faith.
This isn't to say that I am going to sit back and let life happen to me. Quite to opposite. God helps those who help themselves, right? I have been given all of the tools that I need, but I need to take them out of the toolbox and build my life myself.
Luck is for those who lack faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment