Andy Finished his first quilt square (and I uploaded the pictures...) in his Catepillar quilt.
Here is the big brown wool lettuce leaf which is currently in time out until I have the patience to deal with it. Besides I've been inspired by a big blue empty wall in my office to do a different project.
I signed up for the healing wrap ministry at church in September and I hadn't heard anything since and forgot about it. I got a letter last week from the chair requesting some more as her "stash" is depleated but her list of requests are not. I dug out some homespun form my stash (I bought it for a sweater which I abandoned. Who the hell thought it was a good idea to design a cabled sweater in homespun??) I made a lovely, soft shawl.
I started another in a half granny square pattern, but it is too small for any interesting pictures. I think I'll use the edging from the famous(?) "Martha" poncho.
While I was knitting with yarn I won't wear (now that I know better) I pulled out the leftover "seaweed" yarn and started knitting a rectangular wrap.
I was inspired by this scarf. I made it wider to make it a wrap and I dropped the rib. the alternating solid and stripe tones down the stripes and avoids the wierd pooling you get with varrigated yarns. also, with this techique, the fabric appears to be K 2 rows, P 2 rows, but in fact it is all knit but only turned every other row. Of course you know what happens when you try to "use up" leftovers.. I need to buy more.. sigh...
speaking of seaweed, I finished (I think) my quilt. I hung it up to look at it and decide if it needs anything else. I do need to add a label, but the show committee has to cover the labels for the judging anyway, so I'll just wait until after the show and save them the trouble.