1.11.2012

C25K - Week 3, Day 1

First, the stats/map are here.

This weeks runs alternate 1.5 minute and 3 minute intervals. This means that the runs are significantly shorter overall, but longer intervals. I felt like I could have done another interval, but I don't want to push it. I feel tired, but not completely spent. I still have energy to do the things I need to, but I may just watch a movie and knit anyway. (Shhh! Don't tell my family that is why they will be eating leftovers tonight!)

I took the opportunity of the longer intervals to focus on my breathing. I think I did better. It is hard to tell since I was already coughing and wheezing before the run. It is cold and I'm still coughing up campfire from this weekend. I don't think it was my breathing that held me back on my intervals, it was more about muscle fatigue. My legs may be strong, but they are more accustom to kicking and sweeping than running.

All in all, I feel good and I am ready for the next one! I think it helps that I have decided that I will be OK with whatever time I end up with on the 5k - as long as I finish! I know I will and I hope to see some of you cheering me along on the way. I'm already thinking I'm going to need some post-race carbs from Modern Apizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment