I've been busy working on my Ravelympics project. I did a provisional cast-on and bound that with a round of single crochet. details on the hem are on my project page. I continued in st st to the rib. I worked the front as written from there, but I shortened the straps quite a bit. I'm working the back now. I did the shoulder decreases as written, but I didn't divide the back and I am working it higher on the back to accomodate the crochet neckline. I'm going to add crochet sleeves too. I'm considering beading, but as that was not part of my original design, I'm not counting that as part of "completion" for the gold medal.
I tried it on today and I gotta say... I LOVE this yarn!!! it is even softer on!
We've also been working on Pinewood Derby cars this week too. Weigh in was yesterday. Race day is Friday. I'll have a full recap including the race results and the making of the cars, but here is a sneak peek.
Yup... Colin is getting in on the sibling race action! He'll be a pro by the time he is a scout.