7.06.2007

what a waste..

two perfectly good days off down the tubes... why? b/c one of my wisdom teeth (finally) became impacted and HAD to go... I knew they all needed to come out several years ago. they never bothered me much - or often. and since I didnt' have dental insurance, I didnt think it was worth it to suffer the agone of having them removed AND pay out-of-pocket.

I now have dental (YAY!!!) but there is a waiting period on "major procedures" (BOO) but this just wouldn't wait. the insurance did cover everything BUT the actual removal.. the exam, the x-rays - even the meds. so it could have been worse. I have to go back in a month and get more x-rays, full exam and we'll discuss a plan for the removal or the rest and some other work I need done. the billing lady said she'll contact the ins. co. and work the waiting periods into the "plan" so that I can get it all done and not have to pay it all out of pocket.

to be honest.. I am NOT scared of the dentist .. it is the billing lady that frightens me!!

oh- the irony... Andy lost a tooth at camp yesterday!! that thing was worn down to a nub!!! gotta talk to his dentist about that... oh yeah.. we need a new pediatric dentist.. our current one isn't on our plan. :(

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just popped over from Cygnet's. You should totally make the quilt. My first one was a log cabin and has all sorts of mistakes, but it was still loved (and is being saved for offspring).
    In the Autusim/Asperger's front: Elizabeth Moon wrote a book from the point of view of a man with Asperger's. I think it was called "The Speed of Dark". Good book and gives some insight (the author has an autistic son or brother, I forget which). I gave the book to the special ed teachers at my school, we can only hope they read it.

    ReplyDelete