My sripey suprise is complete and gift given. Initially I wasn't going for the bucket hat look, but I really like it. I may try to put an actual brim on the next one! This is worked up in LB fisherman's wool that I hand dyed a while back.
Cargo is complete! as usual I modified the pattern! in addition to the wool & gauge changes I discussed previously, I added some short row shaping to the back to fit over teh diaper better. thanks to the knitters at the wool soakers group for the suggestion!! at first I was thinking that these things are going to be WAY to big for Colin.. but then he gained 12 oz and grew a 1/2 inch in 6 days! I hope they won't be too small!!!
I also started the pixie cable sweater, but it doesn't look very "pixie" in this color. I'm only on the second pattern repeat, so there isn't much to see just yet. so far, my first attempt at cables is going well. I did cross them all the wrong way, but since it is consistant, I'm just going to keep going with it.